When there is an inflammation of the pancreas, you can have Pancreatitis. And since pancreas is responsible for the secretion of digestive enzymes that assists in the digestion of carbohydrates, protein and fat, it is a MUST that you have the proper diet to lessen painful attacks.
- HIGH carbohydrates and protein in the diet to reduce work pressure
- LOW fat avoiding butter, oil, margarine, etc.
- Rich and spicy foods are best avoided
- Caffeine-free diet avoiding coffee, chocolates, colas
- avoidance of gas forming foods such as rootcrops, carbonated drinks etc.
- Small but frequent feedings over large meals
- chicken than meat in meals
- focus on antioxidants
- green leafy vegetables and soybeans are beneficial in pancreatitis
- replace alcohol with juices
- frequent intake of light chicken soups and vegetable soups
- increase fluid intake